You’re busy, and that makes eating healthfully a bit difficult. Fortunately, there are a few ways to makeon-the-go snacking healthier. Here are a number of things you can include as well as a few things to avoid when snacking on the run.
Good Snack Ideas
When you find yourself in need of a quick bite to eat, you aren’t limited to fatty, high-calorie junk. There are a number of ways to get some good nutrients in your body when on the go.
- Order a salad:Many fast-food restaurants offer salads. If you must go through the drive thru, consider including a salad with your order to get much-needed, low-calorie nutrients into your system.
- Go to a grocery store: Rather than going for fast food, consider a quick trip to the grocery store. You will likely have much healthier options, such as fruit, yogurt, sushi, and other pre-prepared food items.
- Stock up healthy snacks: Keeping healthy snacks in your car while you’re on the go will help you avoid the temptation to get something less than healthy when hunger strikes.There are many options available, such as a peanut butter chocolate protein bar, protein chips, or other nutritious options.
What to Avoid
It’s easy to fall into a number of unhealthy pitfalls when snacking on the run. Some things to avoid include:
- High-calorie drinks:Soft drinks, fruit juices, energy drinks, and other popular beverages are usually terrible for you. Rather than going for a sugary drink, get a tall glass of water instead.
- Mayonnaise:Removing mayo from a sandwich will eliminate a ton of calories, so it’s best to have fast food places hold the mayo when you order.
- Sugary snacks:Candy bars are quick, but aren’t very healthy, and are often not that filling either. Going for a protein bar is a much better option when it comes to healthy snacking.
Vendors such as Nashua Nutrition provide a variety of options for healthy snacks that are great for when you’re on the go. Here are a few:
- Glenny’s Easy PeasyProtein Chips
- HealthSmart ProteinKrinkles
- Chef Jay’s Tri-O-Plex cookies
- Kay’s Naturals Protein Pretzels
There are many options available for healthy snacking. Rather than going for asupersized fast food order, try a few of these options instead.